home     about the shepperds     contact me

Sunday, October 23, 2011

what we've been up to

And another week has gone by since I blogged last. I didn't have any exceptional blogs scheduled to post this week AND I've worked 52 hours since Wednesday. whew.

SO, I'm here to catch you up, since I'm sure all of you have been dying to know what we have been up to this week! :D

one
We started Financial Peace University this week. We aren't drowning in consumer debt, but have a small amount in addition to student loans, car payment, mortgage, etc. So, we took the plunge to focus on becoming debt free! I'll post more about this later.


two
After listening to some of Dave Ramsey's radio show, I kept hearing ads for e-mealz. After checking it out, it is (in theory) created EXACTLY for ME! For me, the worst part of dinner time is standing in the kitchen around 6pm and wondering what the heck I'm going to cook for dinner!
I found a Living Social deal that was half off for a 3 month subscription. So I paid $7 for a 3 month trial! I'm excited to try it out and see it if works for us. 
Anyone else used e-mealz? What are/were your thoughts?


three
Chris has been getting headaches almost daily the past several weeks. We decided to make him an eye appointment just to rule out the cheapest, least invasive solution for the headaches if it's his eyes. He has always had perfect vision, but hadn't had an eye exam in a long time, so thought it'd be good to check.
Well my husband is getting reading glasses! They'll come in sometime this week and I can't wait to see them! We are praying that these will be the solution for his headaches.


four
HardChord DynaMix is an a cappella student group at A&M, much like the groups on The Sing-Off. We went and watched them perform on campus this week and it was AWESOME! The things they can do with their voices is incredible!

five
This isn't what WE have been doing, but it's still exciting! My mom left last Wednesday for Uganda and she'll be there until this Saturday. She went with the same group Chris and I went with this summer! So excited for her and a little jealous. :)


Have a great and blessed week!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...