home     about the shepperds     contact me

Friday, October 14, 2011

my weekend away


The past week has been non-stop! I went home-home this past weekend. It was so great to spend time with some of my family, but unfortunately I had to travel without Chris. I did have Scout though, he is the next best travel buddy! {Scout picture overload alert!}

on our way

On Sunday we went to church and then spent some time preparing for my pregnant sister's gender reveal party! Scout must have played a lot, because he was worn out when it was bedtime!

Monday morning my mom made us monkey bread. DELICIOUS! 

My middle sister, Katy and her fiancé are 19 weeks pregnant. So I came in to go to the ultrasound appointment with them on Monday and help with the gender reveal party Monday night.

Katy & Cody with pictures of the baby
I will post tomorrow about the gender reveal party!

We still had some leftover wedding cake in my parent's freezer, so I decided to bring some back with me. Reminder, I have Scout with me. So I get out of the car to run in for food for FIVE minutes max. I come back to find Scout was EATING THE WEDDING CAKE! In those 5 minutes, he had gotten through 2 walmart bags and several layers of saran wrap that it was wrapped in. He was determined! I was annoyed, but impressed.

here's the damage...
This cake is STILL DELICIOUS after over 2 years. I really can't believe it. Yummm.

And..on the way home Scout laid on a pillow, in my lap, with his head on my arm. spoiled? absolutely. :)

While we were at my parents' house I noticed Scout was shaking his ears a lot. Then when I greeted him Monday afternoon by rubbing his ears, he FREAKED out. I finally got a look at them and it was pretty obvious that he had some kind of infection in one of his ears. :( 
He continued to shake his ears/head constantly and yelped if someone touched his left ear. 
But you never would have guessed it the way he played with my parents' dog all weekend. 

I made the poor pup a vet appt for Tuesday afternoon and it was confirmed when the vet said "It is funky in there!" It was actually bad enough that he had to sedate him to clean out the ear. Sooo...I had to take him back the next morning for a whole day at the vet.

this is when I dropped him off, he was shaking like crazy!
I was definitely THAT pet owner, asking the girl if I could take a picture of dropping my dog at the vet...heaven help us when we have kids!

So...$195 later (ouch!) Scout is all better!

It was a great weekend and I'm glad I got to spend time with some of my family!! I'm taking Chris with me next time though. :)

I'll be back tomorrow to show you my sister's gender reveal party!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...