Baby girl, I can hardly believe you are 4 months old! The months just come faster and faster.
Weight: 14lbs 12ounces (64 percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.5 inches (76 percentile)
Height: 25 inches (76 percentile)
Eating: We are still exclusively breastfeeding. Not much has changed with feedings. She eats about every 2-4 hours during the day and waking 1 or 2 times at night. During the day she feeds about 10-20 minutes. She takes three 5 ounces bottles of breast milk when I work. My routine is pretty much the same as last month. I am able to pump 2 or 3 times at work to provide bottles for the next day I work. If I don't work the next day, I usually freeze the fresh milk and use the oldest frozen milk the next time I work.
I started taking Lecithin 3 times a day and I'm not getting clogged ducts as much. I've gotten one when I've forgotten to take it but they clear up a lot easier when Landry eats than before I started taking the Lecithin. So glad that's working for me!
Sleep: Inconsistent seems to be the theme every month. She doesn't nap very well. We haven't quite gotten our groove on that. It's difficult to establish a routine when I keep her 4 days a week, Chris' parents or Chris keep her the other 3 days. Plenty of room for progress!
She's slept through the night 4 or 5 times this month. Other than these rare nights, we are usually up 1 or 2 times to feed. She usually goes down pretty well at night. Bedtime is usually around 8 and bedtime routine hasn't changed. Thankfully she also usually goes back down easily after feeding during the night. Nursing to sleep has worked for us so far. Until the last week of this month. All routine (and sleep) is out the window! We have been up every 1-2 hours for almost 5 nights. I'm losing my mind! Hoping this 4 month sleep regression is short lived!!!
Clothes: We are in all 3 month clothes. She has a few 3-6 month onesies that fit her pretty well. It's been fun for her to wear more "outfits" rather than just onesies. She's fun to dress!!
Diapers: We moved to size 2 diapers this month. We still prefer pampers and still haven't had to buy diapers. We had a random assortment of brands from diaper cakes at our showers and she's blown out in those a few times! I learned pretty quick that we only leave the house in Pampers!
At 4 months old she:
- Found her feet!
- Has started to talk/squawk. It's so fun to listen to! I love it!
- Likes to chew on her hands
- Is a lot more distractible while nursing
- Loves looking at herself in the mirror
- Has sat up in the Bumbo a few times
- found out she has two best friends coming this summer/fall!! We are so excited for our friends!
- Loves bath time! A few times this month she would SCREAM when I took her out. Baby girl loves her bath! She hasn't quite gotten down how to splash around yet. I took the sling out of the bathtub this month and she fits much better.
- Giggled for the first time this month. What a sweet sweet sound!
- Loves ESPN. It's her daddy's special trick! ;) When she's fussing, he'll turn her mamaroo towards the TV and turn on ESPN and it usually will keep her quiet/content for a while.
- Loves going for walks in the stroller.
- Took a trip to Longview with me last weekend and slept the whole 2.5hr ride there and almost all the way back. She did awesome!
- Still has cradle cap. And when I've scrubbed her head to help it come off, her hair comes out. So sad!! I know it's normal for the hair they're born with to fall out, but she had so much of it and it's only fallen out in a few places. It looks kinda silly!
- Is sportin' an impressive bald spot where she's rubbed off the hair on the back of her head.