home     about the shepperds     contact me

Monday, October 10, 2011

pinterest eats

Like most of you, I love Pinterest.
Probably unlike most of you, I dislike cooking. A lot.

Buuuut, since I am a wife and I don't want my husband to starve, I try to cook occasionally. Pinterest has made that task not AS bad! 

I always wonder if the glorious pictures are reeeally as good as the recipes! (for someone like me making it, that is!) So I thought I would let you know what has worked (or hasn't) for us so far!

These were DELICIOUS. I made this for breakfast one day last week (when we were out of bacon. my husband LOVES bacon!) and we both loved them. I only used half a package of the crescent rolls like the recipe used, but wished I had used them all! Will be making this again soon!

The pizza cassarole was pretty good. My only complaint is that it doesn't have any added seasoning, so if it wasn't a bite with a pepperoni it was kind of bland. It was also a little dry when we re-heated it, but I noticed later that I wasn't using the big size of sauce like the recipe says. Oops. Got the husband's approval and would make again (with some extra seasoning!)

Mmm...I love chicken. You'll notice that from what I chose to try! This recipe was pretty good. I didn't make quite enough bacon bits, so I would make more next time. But we also thought it might be better with BBQ sauce instead of Teriyaki sauce. Weren't feeling the Teriyaki. Probably won't try this exact recipe again. 

Sooo...this is my FAVORITE one so far!!! Like I said, I love chicken. I also love bacon (as does my husband). I really like pasta. So this was just meant to be!! I actually didn't grill the chicken. I just baked it in the oven while everything else was cooking. Oh yes, I also cooked the bacon Pioneer Woman's way, as mentioned in the post. Ho. ly. Cow. It was so yummy and cooked so quick! Won't ever cook whole pieces again. 
Ok, I'm getting sidetracked (and hungry!) So for this one...I wouldn't change a thing and it reheated great. Will definitely make again.

I made this one night that Chris ended up working late or something and didn't get to try it. I was kind of glad! It was not great. The shrimp was great, but the overall dish was a little bland and very runny. I'm not sure if I put too much or too little of something, but it did NOT look like this picture!! Would probably try again just to see if I could make it less runny!

Oooy oooy. (that's leisha-speak for...delicious!?) Anyways! This recipe Chris and I made back BP (that's before pinterest for those that aren't following..). We've have made it probably 5 or 6 times and loved it every time. 
Our "seasoned bread crumbs" are just regular plain bread crumbs with a LITTLE garlic salt and Lawry's. I pinned this particular one because it had a good picture, but here is the actual recipe we use. I would HIGHLY recommend this one!! :)

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 slices Muenster cheese
4 slices cooked ham
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Butterfly each chicken breast then pound to 1/4 inch thickness. Place 1-2 cheese slice and 1-2 ham slice inside each breast. Beat the eggs in a dish and dip each breast into the eggs and then bread crumbs. Then arrange them on the baking dish and bake in oven for 25 minutes. 


sausage tortellini
I'm cheating because this one actually isn't pinned. But I got it from our cousin, Tracey. This one is great too, and even reheats well!

1 lb breakfast sausage
1 tsp chopped parsley
2-3 garlic cloves minced
20 oz cheese tortellini (you can find it in the refrigerated pasta section)
1 can chicken broth
1/2 pint heavy wipping cream
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs

Brown sausage. Boil water for pasta and add garlic. Cook pasta for 7 minutes. Drain pasta but save garlic. Add garlic to sausage. Stir pasta into sausage. Add parsley, chicken broth, cheese and cream. Pour into 9x13, sprinkle bread crumbs. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


Well there you have it, folks. My first edition of Pinterest Eats. Hopefully there will be many more to come. I'd love to hear if you try/have tried any of these!! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...