home     about the shepperds     contact me

Thursday, November 10, 2011

i feel the earth move

...under my feet!

{disclaimer: this video doesn't really have anything to do with this blog post...
but she's singing the song I just referenced, and the clip is pretty entertaining!}


So here's the real reason I'm posting today.

When we were in Oklahoma last weekend, they had the strongest earthquake in OK history.
It was my first earthquake to experience! Actually, first and second!

On Friday night I woke up around 2am and went to the bathroom. When I got back in bed I had just gotten comfortable again when I heard a strange noise and the bed shook for about 10 seconds. Chris was asleep and hadn't moved. It freaked me out. And I thought I was c.razy.

Then Saturday evening we went and ate at Saltgrass (yuummmm!) and we saw on the TV that there had been an earthquake around 2am the night before. I FELT IT!!
My parents and Chris all slept through it. I was a little relieved that I wasn't crazy.

That night back at the hotel, both of my parents were going to sleep/already asleep and Chris and I were on our computers in the other bed. We suddenly felt our bed shake again. It's the weirdest feeling! I knew it was another earthquake and got excited! Of course, silly me jumped out of bed and looked out the window. Not really sure what I was expecting to see, but I saw...nothing. ;)
We felt that one for about 30 seconds. Chris immediately got on twitter and it was blowing up with earthquake chatter! As far as I know, no one was reported injured.

Here's a quote that was ACTUALLY reported on the news...
...seriously???

It was kind of weird/cool to experience our first earthquake and I'm glad it didn't cause any fatalities/excessive damage (that I know of).
Have any of you ever been in an earthquake?

Have a great Friday!!

ps. check this out....
Head over to Mackey Madness to sign up!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...