home     about the shepperds     contact me

Monday, September 26, 2011

my favorite things: september edition

Maltese are prone to tear stains because of something the vet told me about their tear ducts. Scout was not lucky enough to avoid this pesky feature. 
May 2010
See?
Well, I researched a little and asked the vet and he recommended Angel Eyes. So that's what we tried.
I found some on Amazon and bought the beef flavor. The medicine itself is a powder, so I had to figure out a way to mix it so Scout would actually eat it. At first I poured it on his food and he didn't eat for three days. Really. He eventually figured out a way to eat around it somehow. Then I mixed it with water. It smelled nasty. And he still didn't eat it. THEN I finally figured out if I mixed a tiny bit of water and peanut butter it's the perfect consistency to mix and he ate every bit of it.
We started Angel Eyes  at the beginning of May 2011.
May 31, 2011
 August 2011 (after Angel Eyes!)
 
The tear stains are gone. I think we are supposed to still do the medicine every so often, but we haven't in about 2 and a half months and they haven't come back. I'm glad we found an easy-ish fix to his tear stains!


Chris and I gave each other Toms for Christmas last year. Mine were too big (or so I thought), so I tried to take them back to the local place here where Chris got them but they never had my size. I eventually just gave up. Well, fast forward to late July. Chris and I got $15 vouchers for Toms and we each got a pair. When we got home from buying them, I tried my "old" ones on and they FIT! Not really sure if they shrunk or my foot grew or I'm crazy, but now I have 2 pairs of Toms! (I must mention that Chris just couldn't understand how they suddenly fit 7 months later..it's a mystery!) :)
Here are our newest ones.

For my birthday, my parents got me this ice cream/yogurt maker. I remember our old ice cream maker that took 27.5 hours to make homemade ice cream, not to mention the pounds of rock salt you had to use. (maybe I'm being dramatic, when I was little it seemed like a looong time) Well, this little sucker only takes about 20 minutes to make!! You do have to then put it in the fridge for 2 hours, but it's so worth it! 
I made strawberry and vanilla so far, but it came with a recipe book with all sorts of DELICIOUS recipes!
Here is our nephew Kaden helping make the strawberry ice cream.


I didn't use to love OJ, until I found Simply Orange. It seriously tastes like a freshly squeezed orange, but with no pulp. I usually get the Calcium rich kind, mostly because I know it's 'better' for me and it doesn't change the taste at all.
And then...I found Simply Lemonade. 
and Simply Lemonade with Raspberry. 
AND Simply Apple. Geez.
So here's my 2 cents on each of them. (because you know I had to try them all!)
Lemonade....don't love it. 
Lemonade with Raspberry....it's grown on me. Chris LOVES it. I usually add water to it, about 1/3 water, 2/3 lemonade.
Apple....this one seriously tastes like you are sucking on an apple. I know that would be difficult to do, but just imagine with me! It probably tastes the most "fresh". Love it!
(They also have Lemonade with lime and Lemonade with grapefruit. We don't like either of those fruits, so I haven't tried them.)


That's my September edition of my favorite things! I'll be back next month with more!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...