home     about the shepperds     contact me

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

new mom - hospital survival kit

I recently came across Suzy's adorable blog.  I love the hospital survival kit she did, so I decided to try it out for a friend who is due soon with their first baby! 


I used my Silhouette to cut the vinyl letters for the container and hand sanitizer.

For the sanitizer, I tore the labels off the bottle and used some goo-gone to get the sticky residue off. It was still a little sticky, but worked okay. Next time I'd probably leave the back sticker on to give it a white background. It's hard to read the letters when it's not up against something light. (like in the picture above)


I love how it turned out!!
What else would you add in a survival kit like this?
Photobucket

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love it!! I would probably add some nipple cream, probably something homemade like cookies or brownies, some house shoes for the hospital and maybe a robe or a nightgown. My Grandmother in law gave me a new nightgown and robe and I loved wearing it at the hospital! You know when you get something new and it just feels good to wear a new thing? You did a great job!!!

Leslie&Michael said...

I know this may be random/gross...but pads :). It is important and often pregnant women don't have any on hand to go home to. The basket is super cute! I love the Sanitize before Snuggles. Too adorable.

Mel said...

This post is well-timed - we are going in to the hospital tonight to be induced! :) I have pretty much all those same things in my hospital bag. The only thing I would add is some kind of entertainment item - a magazine, crossword puzzle book, etc. What a thoughtful gift for a new mom!

Krista Todd said...

Leisha, this is perfect! wow, absolutely love it! I'm with Liz, nipple cream would be my only addition! I can't wait to make one for some expecting mamas!

Meg O. said...

What a cute idea!! They had a huge built in sanitizer in my hospital room so when people visited, they used that. My lifesavers were makeup remover and lip balm! And being able to brush my teeth. You might consider throwing in a little travel toothpaste!

The Cherrys' said...

Just having a baby I can say this is a great idea!! Love it and will copy it for upcoming friends having a baby. You are so creative and make everything look so cute!

FYI, recently I was talking with my mom and she told me she loves looking at your blog.

Megan said...

This is precious!! What a perfect idea! I am so doing this from now on!

Lindsay said...

This is such a great idea! I am definitely doing this for my next friend that has a baby. What a thoughtful gift!

B F said...

This is an adorable gift! Totally have to do this :)

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Adorable!

I'd put in a lifetime nanny. Haha.

Ummm...maybe stock in Pampers? (I had 3 little ones in diapers at the same time. Ugh! I should've done that.)

Okay. No more sarcasm (it's hard)...not sure I'd put in anything else. Think you got it covered!

Amy said...

I love this idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...