home     about the shepperds     contact me

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Campbell's Birth Story

This was my last belly shot, at 39w5d. 
At my 39wk appointment, we scheduled my induction for 40w1d. My last day of work was 39w6d and I didn't want to be on maternity leave with no baby! Unlike Landry, Campbell didn't come the night before my scheduled induction! 

The morning of October 19, we were supposed to call the hospital at 4:30 to see if we could come in at 5:30am. When I called, they said they had just gotten a few patients and they were pretty busy and asked us to come at 6:45am instead. The nurse actually told me to go back to sleep for a little bit. Ha! Way to much going through my head to go back to sleep!! My parents had come in the night before and were planning on waking up with Landry and taking her to school then come up to the hospital.

[6:29am]

I had scoped out who was working that day and had asked Charlotte to be my nurse.
[7:09am]


Getting my IV started.
[7:39am]


There was a little delay in getting my pitocin started after I got my IV. There weren't orders put in for me so we had to wait for my doctor to come up there. At [8:10am], Dr. Jansky came in and broke my water. I actually told her I wanted to wait to get my water broken after I had an epidural because I'd heard horror stories that it hurt really bad. But she told me it doesn't hurt and quickly just went for it after I agreed. It really wasn't bad at all. Mostly just pressure. I was dilated at 3-4cm at this point.

[8:24am]

My Pitocin was hung about [9:05am]. She started it out pretty slow and came back and increased it every 30 minutes. I was told to just let her know when I was ready for my epidural. They weren't going to check me again until I got my epidural and about every 2 hrs until I got closer. 
At [9:52am] my contractions were about every 3-5 minutes but I really wasn't feeling much yet. I kept putting it off because I was so nervous it would hurt a lot since I didn't have super painful contractions to distract me. They gradually got worse and I got my epidural around [11:30am]. It really wasn't that bad! And the doctor was really nice.

This guy was so great!
[11:44am]

At [12:12pm] I was 5cm and 80%. The anesthesiologist did an initial bolus into my epidural when it was started and my entire back was numb. Such a weird feeling!

[1:46pm]

At [2:15pm] I was 7cm and 90%. About 30 minutes later I called Charlotte back in there because I was having a TON of rectal pressure and when she checked me at [2:50pm] I was 9.5cm! She told me she'd come back in about 30 minutes to try a few pushes and see if we were ready to call Dr. Jansky.

Our pre-push selfie! 
[3:13pm]

Charlotte came back about [3:25pm] and had me push but she quickly stopped me because I was complete! She called Dr. Jansky, who had one more patient to see for the day. She went ahead and finished with that patient and came over about [3:45pm]. They quickly got everything ready and when it was time I pushed TWO TIMES! It was over so quickly! With Landry I pushed for 3 hours and I just hoping Campbell was positioned in a way that wouldn't take that long. But 2 pushes!? So awesome! She was born at [4:03pm]. 7lbs 8oz, 20.5"
Dr. Jansky sewed me up while they cleaned Campbell up and weighed her. 

[4:03pm]








She was so alert soon after delivery! I was amazed by her big eyes that stayed open.




Such a pleasant experience this time around! It really couldn't have gone any better. So grateful to have a health baby girl and excited to be a family of 4. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...