home     about the shepperds     contact me

Friday, July 8, 2016

Landry is 8 months old!


Weight: approximately 18lbs 3ounces


 
Eating: We are still breastfeeding. She has become very efficient. Usually eats just on one side for 5-10 minutes per feeding. She takes three 5-5.5 ounces bottles of breast milk when I work. I'm still taking Lecithin 3 times a day to prevent clogged ducts. It has worked though! I haven't had a clogged duct in 2 months!! 
She eats baby food like a CHAMP! She has had stage 1 and stage 2 baby foods. We've tried pretty much all of the Gerber ones. I started out making my own, but our Pediatrician told me to use caution when preparing them so there was no cross-contamination (raw chicken, etc) and that was enough for me to decide to just buy. It costs the same to buy myself vs pre-made and I don't have to actually make it. She loves puffs and little baby crunchies (cheeto-like chips) and yogurt melts. She occasionally will get Beech Nut Oatmeal. She really doesn't refuse much, if anything! We have to watch her hands while feeding because she can get grabby with the spoon. I will usually let her chew on it every few bites.


 

Sleep:
 She is still napping pretty well. Most days she will sleep 3-4 hours total in 2 naps. The past week or two she's slept 3 hours a few times! She naps in her crib and will usually fuss/talk for 10-15 minutes before falling asleep. 


And night sleep....Bedtime is between 8 and 9pm. She typically goes down pretty easy. Will flip around and talk for up to 30 minutes, but doesn't usually fight sleep. Around 12-1am she starts waking every hour to hour and a half. She almost always consoles herself and goes back to sleep within 30 seconds-5 minutes. I finally just had to turn the monitor off because I would wake up every time and was exhausted. If she goes longer than 10-15 minutes, I go to console her, which ends in me feeding her 100% of the time. This is usually once a night in the 4-6am hours. But then she sleeps until about 9am every morning! 

She is still in her crib and now sleeping in regular pajamas. We cut out the Zipadee-Zip this month and she did great. Our nighttime routine is change diaper, pajamas, feed, song/book, bed with lovey.

 

Clothes: We are in 9-12 month clothes. My sister gave us so many 12 month clothes that she is able to fit into. I haven't noticed much difference in 9 month to 12 month clothes. She still doesn't wear any shoes! Most rompers and outfits that have elastic on her thighs are pretty snug and sometimes too tight! 

 

Diapers: She is wearing size 3. We mostly use Pampers Baby Dry and have been happy with those. I had some Up & Up (Target brand) diapers that we used and I liked those also. I still put her in the Pampers overnight though just in case! Since she sleeps on her tummy most nights, she still occasionally will wet through the front of her diaper/pajamas, especially if she gets more than 1 MOTN feeding. 


At 8 months she...
  • is so serious! It takes a lot of work to get a smile out of her, and even more for a giggle! We don't hear those giggles very often. Sometimes Jenna can get them though! The time for an (almost) guaranteed smile is right when she wakes up.
  • will never be still. She's always on the move. The only time I can get her to stay in one place without fuss is when I'm feeding her. 
  • has 2 teeth.





















Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...