home     about the shepperds     contact me

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Landry is 1 month old!

Our sweet girl is already one month old! This month has flown by. Some of the nights/days have been long, but it's hard to believe it's already been a month! We are just loving being parents. I feel like we are kind of getting the hang of things and get into some sort of routine. We have been grateful for a pretty easygoing baby. She doesn't cry a whole lot unless she's hungry or needing to be changed. She usually doesn't mind her diaper being changed.


Eating: I think we are both figuring out breastfeeding! I'm still pretty sore, but about 10 seconds after she latches we are good. She's eating about every 3-4 hours for 20-30 minutes. I'm also pumping once a day or every other day just to have some stash if needed. I only pump 1.5-2.5oz per pump so I only have about 15 ounces stored up.

Sleep: Sleep has been pretty inconsistent so far. We have some nights where she wants to feed every 1.5-2 hrs if not more, and then (glorious) nights like the last two nights where she only wakes up to feed once! Last night I even got a 4 hour stretch of sleep! She is in her crib, so at least there's that. Our bedtime routine is to diaper, swaddle, nurse in her room. I leave the lights off and sound machine on. I lay her in the crib after she nurses.  During the day she is still napping in her mamaRoo or my arms. Sometimes after I feed her, I can't help but just hold her while she sleeps and just stare at her.


Clothes: She is still in newborn, I noticed last night that her legs are running out of room in her footed outfits. Some are still big on her. It's puzzling how newborn size varies so much based on brand. I imagine we will have to try out some of her 0-3mo sized clothes soon.



Diapers: Pampers are our favorite and she is still in newborns. The past few nights I put her in a size 1 at night so she doesn't wet through her clothes/swaddle. 


At 1 month old she:
  • LOVES looking at the Christmas tree. She can stare at it for 15-20 minutes!
  • is such a snuggler! I LOVE IT! 
  • has what looks like a dimple on each cheek. I can't wait to see her real smile to see if they'll stick around.
  • She had her hip ultrasound last week and it was negative! No hip dysplasia. The pediatrician said he will just monitor her hip click at her well checks and make sure it doesn't change.
  • has grey eyes. I can't wait to see if they'll change. Chris and I both have brown eyes so I suspect they'll eventually turn brown. 











Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...